Marcin Swieczkowski - Sr Software Developer
USA (remote) / +1 (917) 636-1232 / email@example.com
- github.com/mrcnski / gitlab.com/mrcnski / mrcn.ski
Senior Software Developer with 7 years of experience in frontend/backend development and 5 years of experience working remotely. Provides robust, well-tested and maintainable solutions.
- shell / git / Webpack / Markdown / Emacs / GitHub Actions
- TDD / CI / browser iframes / async programming / documentation / language design / parsing
Jan 2020 - Aug 2022 – Core Developer
- Worked on a novel cryptocurrency from scratch in Rust, including block mining and block validation. [Link]
- Implemented an “OS in the Browser,” called Skynet MySky, featuring a decentralized filesystem, accounts, permissions, and encrypted files. Employed cutting-edge browser techniques. [Link]
- Created and maintained complex SDKs for Browser JS, NodeJS, Python, and Go. [Link]
- Wrote API documentation for Skynet SDKs [Link] and articles for developers [Link].
no_stdSkynet Rust library built on Polkadot Substrate. [Link]
- Contributed to Go backend (blockchain-based Skynet portal daemon). [Link]
Jul 2017 - Jan 2020 – Rust Software Developer
- Worked in a team setting on a complex, open source decentralized network to design and develop backend APIs.
- Designed and developed C FFIs for our Rust projects, including a testing system designed to detect memory leaks. [Link]
- Wrote an integrated testing suite for one of our largest projects, including CI-specific tests to ensure binary compatibility of data in the network. [Link]
- Led effort to write thorough documentation for the same project. [Link]
Epic Systems Corporation
Sep 2014 - Sep 2016 – Release Software Developer
- Developed and maintained a dependency-completeness checker for updates, many critical, being deployed to our Electronic Health Record suite in hospitals.
- Took responsibility for the dependency checker and wrote documentation for our developers, sometimes guiding them personally.
- Developed a C# application that calculated sets of common dependencies and created pre-built bundles, saving build time and company resources.
- 2019 – “Managing your life with org-mode and other tools” – EmacsConf [Link]
- 2018 – “Memory Management in Unsafe Rust” – One-hour talk given to my MaidSafe coworkers [Link]
May 2014 – BA in Computer Science